Skip to main content
Please complete this survey at the end of the instruction session with the librarian.
Distance Learning & Reference Librarian
Where to Begin
Questions to Ask Yourself?
- How much do I know about this topic? Do I need some basic background information?
- Online Reference materials such as encyclopedia's or subject specific dictionaries might be helpful. Library Online References
- What are the current conversations surrounding my topic? What are people locally, nationally or globally saying about my topic?
- Newspapers or other periodicals may be a place to learn more about current conversations. Newspaper Databases
- What is the scholarly conversation around my topic?
- Use academic databases to locate scholarly and peer reviewed articles. Databases A-Z
- Books are a good way to look at one topic broken down into smaller subcategories. OneSearch Catalog
- Do I need data or other information?
- Consider using government websites such as