Skip to main content
- Write 5-7 lines about each source
- Annotations should briefly describe the source and explain why it's relevant to your topic. Justify to your reader why you think the source is quality.
- Think about:
- What are the main ideas contained within this source?
- What questions related to your thesis does this source answer?
- How authoritative is the author? Is this source for a scholarly audience? (Finding out more information about the publisher can help determine audience.)
- Does there seem to be any bias present in the source?
- Is this source seminal (a critical piece of the literature on the topic)? Has it been cited by many other researchers?