Skip to main content
Use this page to help you research your field of interest.
Fields of Practice
Image links to list of fields of practice
Fields of Practice in Social Work
Why use a book and how to find them......
- Use books and encyclopedias to get an overview of a topic, learn trends, and find keywords for searching for more information on your topic.
- Need to find a book in the CU Library collection? The library catalog (OneSearch) is the place to go to locate books, DVDs, and videos.
- In addition to our print collection, there are more than 400,000 electronic books available to you through the catalog. Ebooks have the same content as the print copy, but the entire text is online.
A-Z Databases: Social Work
A collection of databases suggested for research in the area of social work. Start with those listed as Best Bets!
**Tip** For this particular assignment I would also recommend:
Database Search Tips:
- Search using keywords connected with AND, not long phrases
- Find trends in the field using the field name AND the other info you need:
- e.g. "school social work" AND employment
- e.g. "school social work" AND ethics
- e.g. "school social work" AND technology
- e.g. "school social work" AND "evidence based practice"
- Use the date limit in the database to find the most recently published sources
Search for Books, Articles, & More