Skip to main content
Finding Books at Concordia
- Use books to get an overview of a topic, learn trends, and find keywords for searching for more information on your topic.
- Need to find a book in the Concordia University Library collection? The library catalog is the place to go to locate books, DVDs, and videos.
- In addition to our print collection, there are more than 400,000 electronic books available to you through the catalog. Ebooks have the same content as the print copy, but the entire text is online.
Browsing the Shelves
Do you just want to browse the shelves? If so, here are some good places to start:
- Economic theory. Demography
- Economic history and conditions
- Industries. Land use. Labor
Request a Summit Book
If you have found a book by searching the Summit Catalog, you may have the book sent to Concordia's Library for you to pick up. Click the title of the book you'd like to use. Click the REQUEST button found on the book's page. Books are available by request for Concordia Students, Faculty and Staff. Use your last name and campus "G" number to complete the request. You will be notified via email when the book has arrived and is ready to be picked up at the library you designated. The delivery default is the Concordia Library - Portland campus.
Search for Books, Articles, & More
REMINDER: If you are prompted to login to see an article, video, image or ebook, use your campus/Blackboard username (for example, janderson) and password. Questions? Contact the library.